We often hear that beauty on the inside is better than on the outside. The beauty on the outside will eventually fade away over time but the inner beauty will remain. While I believe that inner beauty is all that matters, I also think that it's important to look good on the outside especially in the society that we are living in now. It uplifts our spirit and boosts our self-confidence. That, of course, depends on your definition of beauty. It is common knowledge that a lot of people are spending tons of money to buy expensive beauty products just to achieve their desired look. But how sure are we that they really work as advertised? If you want to achieve a better appearance and youthful glow, why not try the natural way. Not only are they practical, but they are also easy and safe to use. But before jumping to natural treatments, first check below on how you can take care of yourself everyday. Ultimately, keeping a healthy lifestyle is what really makes us feel and look younger. Living a healthy lifestyle can also help prevent chronic diseases and long-term illnesses.
Do regular exercise
- There are a lot of benefits of exercise that we should not ignore. Exercise gives us not only more energy but also improves our mood and perhaps helps us live longer. Exercise also helps us prevent excess weight gain. Exercise doesn't necessarily mean hitting the gym everyday or spending a lot of time doing an actual work out. Being active throughout the day in simple ways like walking instead of taking public transport or doing household chores in a regular basis would be a great exercise. Taking 30 minutes of physical activity everyday would be fine. But if you need to lose weight, you may need to exercise more.
Drink enough water
- it is important that we drink enough water to stay hydrated. Hydration has a major effect on energy level and brain function. Drinking enough water help us prevent or treat diseases such us kidney stones, constipation and headache. Drinking plenty of water also help you lose weight because water can increase satiety and boost your metabolic rate. They said 8 glasses of water is the recommended amount to drink everyday, but in truth, your water needs depend on many factors such as your health, how active you are and where you live.
Get enough sleep
- Experts recommend seven to nine hours of sleep a night to adults. Sleep plays a critical role in metabolism, immune function, memory, learning and other vital functions. Lack of adequate sleep can cause premature skin aging, stress, poor memory and performance, shorter lifespan, mood swings, health problems and many more.
- Eating healthy can make you look and feel better. Sticking with healthy food means staying away from food high in saturated fats, sodium and added sugars. Eating right can also help you avoid excess weight gain and maintain a healthy weight.
- Everyone get stressed from time to time. Not all stress is bad but chronic stress can cause both physical and mental harm. Chronic stress can lead to weight gain, irritability, insomnia, mood disorders, high blood sugar and high blood. Follow some techniques to lower your stress level such as belly breathing and yoga. Cardiovascular exercise also helps relieve stress because it boosts levels of endorphins, the feel-good hormone. Some people cope with stress more effectively than others. It's important to know your limits when it comes to stress so that you can avoid more serious health effects.
- Smoking and use of tobacco products can cause or worsen numerous diseases and conditions. It’s hard to quit smoking but you can do it with strong determination. To be able to quit smoking successfully and stay a non-smoker, you need to know what your goal, what your options are and where to ask for help. The earlier you quit, the greater the benefit.
Drinking alcohol moderately
- Moderate alcohol use is probably not harmful but overdoing it can causes distress and harm. Too much alcohol is dangerous and can result to health problems. It can cause damage to the liver, brain, and other organs. If you want to stop drinking, get a proper help. Start by talking to your health care provider. Treatment may include medicines, counseling and support groups.
Maintain a positive attitude
- Positive thinking is a mental and emotional attitude that focuses on the bright side of life and expects positive results. Positive people focus on happiness, success, health and believes that he or she can overcome any difficulty in life. Positive thinking helps with stress management, reduce depression and can even improve health.